Entering your username and password when you log in is no longer secure. Almost all leading online platforms therefore offer the option of additionally registering with another component.
This so-called two-factor authentication (2FA) protects your user account against misuse and identity theft to a high degree, even if the user name and password get into the wrong hands.
The Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) expressly recommends the use of two-factor authentication!
The most common method is the time-based one-time password method, called TOTP. Authenticator apps on smartphones are often used for this. However, due to the limited security of smartphones, the TOTP can be spied on easily. Hardware-based TOTP generators offer the highest security.
The REINER SCT Authenticator securely stores the electronic keys for the logins in its hardware and generates the TOTP one-time passwords with high precision every 30 seconds. He works without an internet connection and therefore cannot be attacked online. In addition, its function can be secured with a PIN protection.
The REINER SCT Authenticator uses a built-in camera to recognize the authentication data displayed by the online platform in the form of a QR code at lightning speed and assigns it to an account.
Category and function
- Device category: Hardware TOTP generator
- Supported procedures: OATH-TOTP according to RFC 6238
- Supported TOTP algorithms: SHA 1, SHA 256, SHA 512
- Code saving: in the secured hardware chip
- Number of TOTP accounts: 10
- Time synchronisation: www.reiner-sct.com/sync unidirectionally using an encrypted QR-Code
- Menu functions: Accounts, Reader (identification), Settings (including battery status), user PIN
Keyboard, camera and display
- Numerical keys / function keys / special keys: 10 / 3 / 2 rubberd coated keys
- Camera: CMOS colour camera with OmniPixel3-HSTM technology, aperture angle: 57°
- Operating display: By TFT colour display
- Display: 1.77 inch TFT colour display 128 x 160 pixels
- Display sector: 36 x 29 mm
- Real time clock (RTC): High-precision quartz real time clock. Average deviation < 1 ppm by automatic calibration in time synchronisation. Reference temperature: 25 °C
- Real time clock backup: Backup of the real time clock for approx. 1 minute when changing the batteries
- Code saving: In the persistent memory. The TOTP codes and accounts remain saved without battery supply.
- Power supply: 3x alkaline-manganese batteries, size: AAA / IEC LR03, replaceable
- Battery life: Approx. 5 years (basis for calculation: 500 TOTPs per year, the actual life depends on the respective time and type of use and the ambient conditions)
- Card slot: None
- Housing colours (standard): Yellow/white
- Special colours, customised printing: On request, minimum order quantity
- Product dimensions (L x W x H) approx.: 102 x 62,5 x 19 mm
- Packing dimensions (L x W x H) approx.: 201 x 149 x 47 mm
- Weight (without/with packing) approx.: 80 g / 200 g
- Scope of supply: REINER SCT Authenticator with 3x AAA batteries and quick guide
- Warranty: 2 years (no warranty on batteries)
- Support: Free and proven online support under: reiner-sct.com/support
- Telephone support subject to charge at +49 (900) 1001-368*
- Design and development: Germany